The New York Yankees are universally the most hated baseball team in Major League Baseball, although among Padres fans, the Dodgers are probably more hated.
- In October 1988, the Padres looked to the Yankees to get a slugger they could stick in the middle of their order. They got 1B Jack Clark along with P Pat Clements for P Jimmy Jones, OF Stan Jefferson and P Lance McCullers.
- In July 1989, the Padres acquired 3B Mike Pagliarulo and middling P Don Schultze from the Yankees in exchange for Ps Freddie Tolver and Walt Terrell.
- Prior to the 1997 season, the Padres acquired the rights to Japanese P Hideki Irabu, but the stubborn guy only wanted to play for the Yankees. So, the Padres dealt him to New York in exchange for $3M and two of their top prospects in OF Ruben Rivera and P Rafael Medina. The Padres also included minor league OFs Gordon Amerson and Vernon Maxell and 2B prospect Homer Bush.
- In June 2001 after it was obvious the Padres weren't contenders, they traded one-hit wonder P Jay Witasick to the Yankees for a highly regarded SS prospect D'Angelo Jimenez, who was coming back after a pretty serious back injury as a result of a car accident.
- In March 2003, the Padres dumped OF Bubba Trammell along with struggling former 1st round pick P Mark Phillips on the Yankees in exchange for OF Rondell White.
- In November 2013, the Padres traded INF Dean Anna to the New York Yankees in exchange for P Ben Paullus. Dean Anna was Rule 5 eligible and the Padres' 40 man roster was full.
- In July 2014, the Padres traded Chase Headley to the New York Yankees in exchange for INF Yangervis Solarte and P Rafael De Paula. The trade was rated 33% fresh (which is actually quite rotten).
- ↑ Padres Trade Dean Anna for Yankees' Ben Paullus
- ↑ Chase Headley trade to the Yankees is ROTTEN!