Gaslamp Ball is a blog about the San Diego Padres, run by Padres fans and hosted by SBNation. It was started on February 14th, 2005 by Jbox, Dex and Kev. The trio had previous run a blog called Padres Fans Since '76. Those who follow the blog are known as Gaslamp Ballers. The blog can be informational in nature like when important Padres-related links are relayed through Around the Mission or when Padres-related events such as a recent Padre game, Fanfest or players' philanthropic events are reported upon. It can be editorial in nature and posts may include commentary on what should be done about the dangers of shattered bats or how one of the bloggers feels about recent comments made by the front office. It starts open threads for Padres games where the users post their thoughts, feelings, experiences, jokes, frustration and inappropriate remarks about the game. It hosts FanPosts that allow members to contribute to the blog with their own choice of subject matter. And it hosts FanShots that allow members to relay links, images and quotes from around the web.
- Current: "Cognitively aware of the San Diego Padres since about 1980-1981... Fans since '76."
- "Since Gwynn was thin."
The blog proudly displays the Gaslamp Ball Unicorn tattoo belonging to TheThirdGwynn.
- Gaslamp Ball was on TV! (2 minutes down, 13 minutes to go) - Dex and Jonny Dub fix the Fox 5 Studios and meet Chrissy Russo
- An Enchanted Evening with Tom Garfinkel - Tom Garfinkel treats jbox and Dex to a Padres game.
- A Gaslamp Ball Evening with Mr. Steve Quis Part I, Part II, Interlude, Part III, Part IV - jbox and Dex document their evening with Steve Quis.
- A response to Tom Garfinkel's Q&A - jbox's indignation over "breakfast town".
- That's What She Said on Gaslamp Ball in 2008 - Dex collects all the TWSS' for the year.
- Best game ever! My first game with Elliott - Dex takes his son to a baseball game.
- Jon's Birthday at the Padres game - jbox describes Jonny Dub's birthday Party at Petco Park
- Kendra Wilkinson, the Padres only Celebrity Fan - jbox revels in Girls Next Door star Kendra Wilkinson's Padre love.
- Open Thread: 4/17, Padres vs. Rockies - The Epic 22 inning loss to the Rockies.
- I really dislike Jayson Werth, but I'm a bigger fan of his dad's - Dex gets a letter from Jayson Werth's dad.
- How to flirt with a Ball Girl in 4 easy steps - jbox's expose on flirt with ball girls.
- Game 163 Part 1, Game 163 Part 2, Game 163 Part 3 - Oct 1, 2007 Open Thread for the Game 163 Tiebreaker vs. Colorado Rockies.
- Khalil Greene is one creepy robot - jbox figures out what makes Khalil Greene so creepy.
- Conspiracy Theory: Schilling's bloody sock was faked! - jbox tries his best to prove he's not a Schilling lover
- Dodger Fans throw food and beer at Padres fans - jbox has proof that Dodger fans suck.
- Open Thread: Alphabet Game - Dex asks Gaslamp Ballers to match San Diego-related players and personalities to letters of the alphabet.
- A tale in which two cute Pad Squad girls imply that the hero of the story is gay - Dex meets some Pad Squaders and gets them to wear a 6 19 31 35 42 T-shirt.