From Gaslamp Ball Wiki - A Wiki for San Diego Padres Fans
- In December 1991, super utilityman Bip Roberts along with the later named minor league P Craig Pueschner were sent to the Reds in exchange for closer Randy Myers. Myers picked up 38 saves, but did it the hard way with a 4.29 ERA before become a free agent after the 1992 season. The Bipper made the All Star team in 1992 before falling off in 1993 and returning to the Padres via free agency in 1994.
- In February 1999, the Padres made a deal with the Reds as a part of their so-called fire sale and traded slugging OF Greg Vaughn and PH Mark Sweeney to them for SS Damian Jackson, former All Star OF Reggie Sanders and minor league P Josh Harris. Greg Vaughn had one very good season for the Reds before reaching free agency. Mark Sweeney was a very good PH for the Reds also for one year before hitting free agency. Damian Jackson had a couple solid years at MI for the Padres before being dealt to the Tigers. Reggie Sanders was quite good for the Padres in 1999 before being traded to the Braves as part of a package to get, among others, longtime standout Ryan Klesko.
- In July 2005, the Padres were in desperate need of a 3B who could hit, so they dealt P Justin Germano and pitching prospect Travis Chick to the Reds for Joe Randa who, at 35, was hitting for more power than he ever had in his career. The power was mostly a Great American Ballpark mirage and disappeared when he started playing at Petco Park. The Padres made the playoffs, but Randa was just a contributor and not a standout.
- In December 2011, the Padres cashed in on P Mat Latos and got back from the Reds P Edinson Volquez, 1B Yonder Alonso, C Yasmani Grandal and P Brad Boxberger. The trade was rated 81% fresh.
- ↑ Mat Latos trade is 81% Fresh