Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim
From Gaslamp Ball Wiki - A Wiki for San Diego Padres Fans
- In July 1991, with hopes of staying in the pennant race, the Padres dealt former #1 overall draft pick and once promising prospect OF Shawn Abner to the Angels for 3B Jack Howell.
- On Auguest 13, 1997, as the Padres fell out contention just a year after winning the NL West, they dealt future Hall of Fame OF Rickey Henderson to the Angels for a couple of minor league pitchers and 3B George Arias. Arias is known in San Diego as the "prospect" who would replace Ken Caminiti when he left following the 1998 World Series loss. Arias' was no where near capable of filling Cammy's shoes, but some one else would come much closer...
- On March 29, 1999 the Padres acquired 3B Phil Nevin and minor league P Keith Volkman from the Angels in exchange for UT Andy Sheets and minor P Gus Kennedy. After George Arias flopped as a starting 3B for the Padres, Nevin stepped in and become the slugger the Padres needed from the position.
- On May 3, 2012 the Padres sent relief help to the struggling Angels in P Ernesto Frieri in exchange for 2B Alexi Amarista and P Donn Roach. The trade was rated 100% fresh.
- On July 19, 2014 the Padres traded P Huston Street and P Trevor Gott to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim in exchange for 2B Taylor Lindsey, P R.J. Alvarez, SS Jose Rondon and P Elliot Morris. The trade was rated 87% fresh. Street was the Padres closer and two-time All Star, but the package of prospects was too much to pass up for a team in need of a little rebuilding.
- ↑ Ernesto Frieri for Alexi Amarista and Donn Roach trade is Fresh!
- ↑ Huston Street trade is FRESH!