Team the Padres beat in the 1998 Playoffs en route to the World Series.
- In 1994, the Padres and Astros completed an epic deal when the Padres sent P Doug Brocail, INF Ricky Gutierrez, P Pedro A. Martinez, OF Phil Plantier and INF Craig Shipley to the Astros for a 3B Ken Caminiti, SS Andujar Cedeno, CF Steve Finley, 1B Roberto Petagine, P Brian Williams and a PTBNL that became minor league P Sean Fesh. The trade was a salary dump by the Astros whose new owner, Drayton McLane, didn't realize the cost associated with arbitration eligible players like Ken Caminiti and Steve Finley. The Padres were under the new ownership of John Moores and were ready to add salary. Ken Caminiti and Steve Finley became stars for the Padres with Ken Caminiti winning the MVP in 2006 and the two of them both leading the team to an NL West Division title in 1996 and an NL Championship in 1998.
- In July 2008, the Padres were sellers and sent P Randy Wolf to the Astros in exchange for marginal pitching prospect Chad Reineke.
- In Decemeber 2013, the Padres traded P Anthony Bass and a player to be named later to the Houston Astros for a player to be named later. The PTBNLs turned out to be picks in the upcoming Rule 5 draft. The Padres acquired the first overall pick, P Patrick Schuster.
- Later in December 2013 the Padres traded 1B/OF Jesus Guzman to the Houston Astros in exchange for INF Ryan Jackson.
- ↑ Anthony Bass Headed For Houston
- ↑ Padres Get Top Rule 5 Draft Pick Patrick Schuster
- ↑ Jesus Guzman Traded To Houston