Chicago White Sox
From Gaslamp Ball Wiki - A Wiki for San Diego Padres Fans
- In December 1984, the Padres attempted to bolster their attempt to repeat as NL Champs by acquiring 1983 Cy Young Award Winner LaMarr Hoyt. The cost was high as the Padres sent SS Ozzie Guillen, P Tim Lollar, P Bill Long and 3B/OF Luis Salazar over to the South Side of Chicago while also getting back two minor leaguers. Hoyt's 1985 season was pretty good, but he fizzled out the following year, while the White Sox had gained a long term answer at SS (and future manager) in Ozzie Guillen.
- In 2009, the White Sox were fleeced by Padres when they sent Clayton Richard, Adam Russell, Aaron Poreda and Dexter Carter in exchange for Padres great Jake Peavy. They took on all of Peavy's contract, they executed the trade while Peavy was on the DL, and, while he did pitch well in meaningless games down the stretch in 2009, he pitched poorly in 2010 before tearing a lat muscle off the bone. In 2011, he's battled injuries while showing signs of his former self while still costing the White Sox a premium price.
- On New Years Eve 2011, the White Sox traded Carlos Quentin to the Padres in exchange for minor league pitchers Simon Castro and Pedro Hernandez. The trade was rated 75% fresh.
- In November 2012, the Padres traded OF Blake Tekotte to the White Sox in exchange for P Brandon Kloess.
- ↑ JAKE PEAVY TRADED TO THE WHITE SOX!!!
- ↑ Padres acquire Carlos Quentin from White Sox
- ↑ Carlos Quentin Trade is 75% Fresh
- ↑ Blake Tekotte traded to White Sox for RHP Brandon Kloess